Sunday, June 9, 2013

Many ideas, little motivation

kind-der-sonne: shihtzflu: daedric-cat: askdelvinmallory: alu...



kind-der-sonne:

shihtzflu:

daedric-cat:

askdelvinmallory:

alumirust:

skyrimconfessionss:

"I find it pretty disturbing how seriously some people take Skyrim. You cried because your horse died? You spent an hour arranging flowers around the corpse of your follower? You can't sleep at night because you're thinking about how much you hate Cicero? You won't go into Dwemer ruins because you're terrified of Falmer? It's a game, people. A bunch of pixels. If it's affecting you in such a way that it's impacting your real life, you need to stop playing and get therapy."

http://skyrimconfessions.com

Well, that's a bit of a dick thing to say. We aren't allowed to experience any sort of emotions while playing a game? Ok. Then you, anon, need therapy as well. Did you ever become afraid while playing? Therapy for you. Ever get excited after finding a new area, or starting a new quest? You've obviously got problems, and you need to stop playing.

The vast majority of people actually experience EMOTIONS while playing games in general. Especially in-depth games like the TES series.

*Clapping *

Yeah, it's a game, anon, a bunch of pixels, but does the fact that people immerse themselves into the game keep you so awake at night that you have to make this confession?

it's like saying people who cried over "Marley and Me" need serious help, and who hasn't cried over that movie?  Or when Snape or Dobby died?  Video games are no harder to get attached to than a book, movie, or television series.
I think this anon just doesn't like it when people enjoy themselves

Maybe some of the things in skyrim they do have an emotional connection to, like maybe a specific character reminds them of someone they love or lost, or maybe they fear the dwemer ruins because it reminds them of some traumatic experience they had as a kid (idk maybe getting locked down in a museum?)  who knows.

i dont see why anyone would get worked up about this

if anyone needs help, it is you anon.  you're having trouble understanding how others are feeling, and something could be up if youre having trouble showing your emotions

My thoughts exactly. There are too much good books and films out there and if I wouldn't get shaky and emotional when I read and watched them, they wouldn't be worth a second thought. Emotions keep the world running and Skyrim is really one of the best media ever because you share the strength, the joy and the funny things with your hero.

Videogames make our lifes richer because we love them so much.

^^pretty much all of that

And also I think the OP is taking these confessions more seriously than the confessors are. When people say things like this about emotional fans it sounds like they think the quality of these people's lives have actually declined in any way. Like they really think those fans have an issue differentiating reality from fiction, and literally grieve and react to the story with the same damaging intensity they would in real life.

And that's so ridiculous; I get pretty emotional over fiction, and I even had some Skyrim-based nightmares, but saying I need therapy over that is kinda insulting when I actually do go to therapy over actual legit issues affecting my life.

No matter how emotional people seem to get over fiction, it's never as big a deal as you may perceive it to be. The intensity of the emotions felt don't coincide with our lives once we shut off the game. And the emotions we feel and express in fandom are usually intense because we're having fun. The issue isn't that anybody needs therapy over a game, it's that people like OP have fun in a way that doesn't involve intense emotions and seeing people who do comes off as strange to them.

People who agree with this confession need to chill, because everyone's fine, no one's mental health is at risk.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

and what a fluffin wonderful new page to see just before I...



and what a fluffin wonderful new page to see just before I posted my drawing aaaAAAAA

Hahaha :') I actually shipped this since chapter 29 and I...



Hahaha :') I actually shipped this since chapter 29 and I know Annie/Kat is probably gonna be endgame but I'll enjoy this while I can.

Found the sketch in my folder and colored it w/ this palette.



Found the sketch in my folder and colored it w/ this palette.

I decided to do a beta version of these things.



I decided to do a beta version of these things.

homobot: don't mock people when they stutter (◕‿◕✿) even in an argument because maybe they just...

homobot:

don't mock people when they stutter (◕‿◕✿)

even in an argument because maybe they just can't sort things out in their mind fast enough to say out loud (◕‿◕✿)

it doesn't make you seem like you're winning the argument (◕‿◕✿)

it just makes you an asshole (◡‿◡✿)

Wow I hope I won't have to update this thing again b/c...



Wow I hope I won't have to update this thing again b/c it's getting ridiculous.

Hearts/spades/diamonds are OTPs, white lines are BroTPs.

Shipping wall is here

Altogether now. Sorta my part 2 to this. I spent too long on...









Altogether now. Sorta my part 2 to this. I spent too long on Jake and Roxy and the style got a bit inconsistent. u_u

brook: ALWAYS ASSUME A TUMBLR POST IS LYING TO YOU YOU PEOPLE REALLY DO NOT REALIZE HOW...

brook:

  • ALWAYS
  • ASSUME
  • A TUMBLR POST
  • IS
  • LYING
  • TO
  • YOU
  • YOU PEOPLE REALLY DO NOT REALIZE HOW DANGEROUSLY GULLIBLE YOU ARE LIKE YOU WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING ANYONE SAYS ON TUMBLR WITHOUT QUESTION AND TBH IT MAKES ME ANGRY BUT ALSO WORRY FOR YOUR WELL-BEINGS SO JUST LEARN TO BE SKEPTICAL AND NOT JUST GO "HURR DURR TUMBLR SPECIAL PLACE REBLOG ALWAYS RIGHT!!! XDDD"
  • YEAH

And finally Roxy! I'll arrange them together when I decide...



And finally Roxy! I'll arrange them together when I decide on a background.

Only Roxy left



Only Roxy left

Dirkity-Dirk



Dirkity-Dirk

I'm drawing the other four alpha kids too, but I'm...



I'm drawing the other four alpha kids too, but I'm impatient so I'll just upload them all together when I'm done.

delicioushamsteak: i just got home...

delicioushamsteak:

i just got home and

peachy???????????????

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/40486423180/lets-take-a-look-at-a-few-responses-more

Hussie apologized and changed the the joke because he did think it was a big enough issue.

duelgazer: tumblr.com where white people are offended by kink shaming but not racism

duelgazer:

tumblr.com where white people are offended by kink shaming but not racism

Oh my fucking dickens, I’ve officially seen more people bitching and making stupid art about...

Oh my fucking dickens, I’ve officially seen more people bitching and making stupid art about SJWs bitching about Jane having white skin than I’ve seen of anyone actually complaining about Jane having white skin.

I was really excited about this update too, but now I just feel agitated and want to avoid the fandom.

For all those people who get angry at SJWs for ruining everyone’s fun, how about you take a lesson from your own book.

Whiny bloggers whining about whiny social justice bloggers being too sensitive, whining and making...

Whiny bloggers whining about whiny social justice bloggers being too sensitive,

whining and making bitter angry jokes about things the SJ bloggers haven’t actually said yet,

then getting legit defensive at their own strawmen,

which inflames their own anger over how “overly-sensitive and irrational” SJ bloggers are,

regardless of whether any SJ bloggers even do the things they were accused of.

image

I was thinking this ever since Caliborn gave Jake his juju. When act 5 came out everyone came up...

I was thinking this ever since Caliborn gave Jake his juju. When act 5 came out everyone came up with theories that Jake and Jane would become evil because of their associations with Lord English and the Condesce, but as the story went on the idea seemed more ridiculous.

But now Jake has willingly agreed to let Caliborn be his mentor, and accepted his juju, whatever it is. Jane has Calliope’s juju, and while in a very emotionally vulnerable state has put on her brainwashing tiaratop.

And the thing is, The Imperious Condescension HATES Lord English. Would if she plans to use Jane and the juju as a weapon against Lord English/Jake?

And Jake is trying to give Jane Caliborn’s juju. Caliborn says that inevitability falls in his favor, so would if Jane receiving both Caliborn and Calliope’s jujus + getting brainwashed is part of this? Jane baby, noooo. :C

charlesdutton: nothing in homestuck has ever made me as sad as this

charlesdutton:

image

nothing in homestuck has ever made me as sad as this

No comments:

Post a Comment